Monday, April 28, 2008

Death and Guilt

I wonder, as I sit here facing death, if everybody beats themselves up over guilt.
Guilt is a pesky emotion that can overrule all other emotions,
it attacks your ability to love in an unconditional way,
and it interferes with the ability to accept …

It basically interferes with everything.

I don’t say this today because I am suicidal, depressed, or manic…. I say this because as I sit in the hospital watching my grandma die, I beat myself up because of things that I did a long time ago.

I beg for forgiveness

Rather than letting my love and appreciation shine through, I once again focus on the negative

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I think most people (those with a heart) beat themselves up over guilt. Guilt is a powerful emotion that eats at you. It's something that I've been going through for weeks now. I've been feeling so guilty for something I did.

In the end, feeling guilty gets us nowhere. My grandmother is about to die, and I know I could have done better in the past concerning the amount of times I visited her. I feel guilty cuz maybe I didn't send her enough birthday/Christmas/mother's day cards.

What you have to remember is that your grandmother loves you. She'll forgive you because she loves you. Try not to focus on the negative. Try to think of all the good you've experienced with your grandmother. Leave the guilt behind.

Rachel said...

too doll, keep your head up, and not in a noose or anything, just above water today tomorrow might be totally different, I'm hoping for the manic end, how 'bout you...LOL

Being Bipolar Sucks said...

BPD:
My grandma died today... I have spent every moment with her since Sunday... Spend time with your grandma if you can, she deserves it and so do you!

Rachel: Yea, Mania would be great right now...I'm exhausted and could use a good old fashioned dose of energy